Tuesday, March 9, 2010

6 Months Down 4 Months to Go!

Dear Baby Girl,

I can't believe it but I'm less than 4 months away from meeting you. I thought I'd let you know in this letter how much you are changing my life already.

I was into writing and spending time online and blogging... Things like that. Now All I want to do is make things for you, and get ready for you to get here. I said I'd never make my own clothes for my child but I've already made you a little dress. I said I wouldn't want to be a stay at home mommy but I'm so looking forward to having three months off from work to get to know you! People tell me once you see your baby you never want to leave their side. That's not hard for me to believe since I already feel so attached to you.

I never thought breastfeeding was a big deal since I wasn't breastfed but since I'm having you I've been reading and watching so much about everything and I definitely want to try to breastfeed for a year!

You're growing a lot, and so am I! My uterus is about the size of a soccer ball now! That's a little hard to believe as I don't feel like I'm THAT big yet. This week I discovered I've developed cankles. They aren't very attractive but somehow I feel like it's a neat sign that you're growing and I'm earning my war scars.I'm so in tune with you now that it's a little scary when I don't feel you for a little while. I've realized though that the more I move around the more you stay put and sleep. You like to kick and move around when I'm resting or trying to sleep.

Your growing steadily, and you've gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts you at just over a pound! Since you're almost a foot long you are pretty skinny right now. I thought of getting a 3D ultrasound to see your pretty little face but I think we may wait another month or two. But then again at that point we'll only be a few months away from meeting you so I may just wait to see you then.
Your body is filling out proportionally now though and you'll soon start to plump up. Your brain is also growing quickly now, and your taste buds are continuing to develop. Your lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help your air sacs inflate once you hit the outside world. Your skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

I've heard of a few people who have had their babies this young and they survived. You NEED to cook for another 4 months but I'm happy to know that you're getting stronger and stronger.

I also have a really bad shopping problem. I mean... it was bad before I was pregnant. Then I didn't shop for awhile because I wanted to save to spend some money on you and now I can't remember the last time I bought something for myself. And you... You already have 30 DRESSES! (Here's the inventory). Don't worry though, I'd much rather you be wearing cute things than me, and it's much more fun shopping for you.

Keep growing little one so you can fit in your stuff!

Love,

Mommy
***
Find out more about being 24 weeks pregnant from Pregnancy Corner. (Sponsored)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home