Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dear Spawnie: You Have the Best Daddy

My Little Ladybug,

I want you to know just how good you have it. Your daddy is the best man in the world! You'll get to see for yourself when you get here, but trust me, he's already treating you like his little princess.
You and I are 28 weeks now, and in our LAST trimester (you can tell too cause I look exhausted in this photo!)! Because of that, you're a lot bigger now, and growing and growing more every day! Now in the morning when we get up your daddy likes to put his hand on my tummy and it never fails, you'll kick or swirl around for him. He talks to you sometimes too, and kisses you. I think it's going to be hard separating you two.

For Easter your daddy told me he had a present in mind for you. he got you your first set of golf clubs. Trust me, I had nothing to do with this idea! I do like the color choice he picked out though.You won't be able to play with them correctly for a few years but I suppose it'll make a nice chew toy for you at some point.

Your daddy and I have been setting things up in your room for you. He also helped me hang the curtains I made for you. Plus get this... When I got home from work the on Easter, he asked me if I wanted us to put up your crib this week, and I said "yes." Then he told me he had already started. I was SO surprised! VERY surprised. See, mommy likes to put together things, and that's just usually how we do things, but your daddy got it all out of the box and worked on it for hours without me! It made me teary-eyed because it was so sweet and such a surprise. Now we're on our way to having your bed ready!

I'm a little worried cause I'm getting more tired these days, I'm not sure how much longer I'll get in lots of nesting work. Just last week I had tons of energy, but like a switch I'm exhausted all of the time again. It's like I'm back where we started! I can't stay up late and get things ready for your room like I use to. But I'm also not as stressed about getting it all done. I feel like things are coming along well.
You aren't back where we started at all, we went to the doctor to get another ultrasound for you and guess what? YOU'RE STILL A GIRL!! We were a little worried about that for a moment but we got it confirmed again! You've also gotten A LOT bigger! You weigh about 2 pounds 13 ounces now! And I think you should measure about 14.8 inches from the top of your head to your heels. You can blink your eyes, which I saw you do! You also now sport eyelashes! I couldn't see them on the screen but I saw your cute nose and lips which look LIKE MINE!

With your eyesight developing, you may be able to see the light that filters in through my tummy. You're also developing your brain neurons and getting more baby fat! Oh, and speaking of that, I got you these new Baby Phat onesies! I can't wait to see you in them!
Your daddy and I are so excited about meeting you. This morning when I woke up he asked me what sport I think you'll play. I think it would be fun if you played basketball or volleyball. I think you'll be tall since we're both sorta tall. He wants you to play golf but I say that's too boring to watch. We don't mind what you do but I'd prefer you choose an entertaining sport ok? Or ballet! That's cool too!
We've also been talking about your baby blessing. I can't wait to hear the blessing your daddy gives you, I'm sure it will be great though. He's very excited to be having a little girl and so am I! We aren't rich by any means but one thing you won't be lacking is lots of love.

Keep growing our little princess.

Love,

Mommy

****
For more on being 28 weeks pregnant visit our sponsor: Pregnancy Corner.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home