Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why I Love Piggies and Paws

Imagine your favorite animal, or favorite hobby. Now picture your little one's hand or footprints transformed into that object you love. That's exactly what Piggies and Paws does. Please excuse my while I gush about my daughter for a moment.

My daughter's first art project is hanging int her nursery. Her little hands were transformed into a beautiful purple butterfly, and her tiny footprint into an angel. I knew she was my little angel from the day I met her, and I couldn't picture any better way to transform her footprint.

Her nursery is sprinkled with butterflies, so having her hands form her own pretty flutter bug was a perfect addition to her decor. They're both something I'll keep and treasure forever. I'm hoping to get a new print every year around her birthday so I can see how her hands grow. It's not just for babies either. Kids and adults get their prints done too! They make great gifts and are so affordable (about $20-$25 a print). From skate boards and fire trucks to cowboys and tigers, to fairies and princesses, there's something for everyone.

I was honored to represent Piggies and Paws at BlogHer 2010, and show off my daughter in her custom made Piggies and Paws gear made by Tweet Baby Designs, which shows their art concept in 3D on clothing.
Forever Bliss Photography
You may have watched my MomTV show chatting with Jennifer Thomas, the owner of Piggies and Paws.  She's such a wonderful lady and she's grown this wonderful company from the ground up. She was a busy mom wanting to start her own company many years ago and she made her dreams a reality. I've met her myself and must say this woman is truly inspiring. What's even cooler is now she's helping OTHER women who have business ideas make their dreams a reality.

Here's a video with more information about this new effort.



Official Community Video from Piggies & Paws on Vimeo

She's launching this new initiative on the Piggies and Paws Community. If you're around and on Twitter today you should stop by their Twitter party today from 11am-12pm PST. Then the launch party in the community is tonight from 6-8pm. There will be lots of fun and prizes plus a first look at that it's all about.

Also, I'm so excited to give away a special prize to one of my readers... A Piggies and Paws print! So you can see how special it is to you. The winner will be put in touch with a P&P artist in their area, and get to choose the design they want (there's over 200 to choose from!).

To enter just comment on this post! For extra entries you can "Like" Piggies and Paws on Facebook or Twitter, then tell them I sent you! Leave a comment here letting me know you did. If you join the new community and comment on their wall letting them know I sent you, you get TWO extra entries!

The winner will be chosen using Random.org On December 22nd and announced on my Facebook Page. Good luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home