Friday, May 14, 2010

Aloha Little LadyBug We're 34 Weeks Pregnant!

My Dear Precious Little Ladybug,

Six weeks still seems like a long time until we meet, but when I was reading one of my update emails talking about "relaxing" as much as I can and saving up, eating up etc. for labor I realized you really are almost here.

I think my "mommy paranoia" is already starting to set in. I've heard some people experience extreme anxiety after they have babies, worried something bad is going to happen to them. I'm normally not that kind of person.. I mean, I'm not afraid if you get a little rash from a new dress. It's not cause I don't love you, it's because I don't think you'll have super sensitive skin and be allergic to new clothes. We'll see. But I AM already worried that if I'm not watching you when you're sleeping you may go to sleep an never wake up. I'm not morbid, just paranoid or something. I hope it goes away once you're born. But I have a feeling it may get a little worse before it gets better.
I had a dream two nights ago that something bad had happened to you and I woke up startled. Then I was waiting for you to move and felt a BIG JAM into my rib. Your foot. It hurt, but I smiled cause I knew you were ok.

People keep asking my if I'm ready to get you out. I am ready to meet you, I'm so excited for that. But I also feel like taking care of you now is easier than it's going to be, and I don't mind giving you all time time you need... Well, until June 30th, I REALLY want you to be a June baby. Oooh, I can call you June bug! I'll add that to your list of nicknames.

I've been thinking about our morning/night routine. I like to sing to you, as you've probably noticed, so I bought an album called "Twenty Five Beloved Primary Songs" and it has all of these songs I remember listening to when I was young. Primary is where you'll go when you're about four years old, it's at our church. You'll learn about Jesus and sing songs.

I didn't really get a chance to go to Primary but my uncle gave me a CD of some of the songs when I was young and I remembered some of them when I'd hear them at church.

I don't know all of the songs on the CD I made you but we'll learn them together. I'm going to put that CD in your player every night before bed and I'll read and sing to you. Sound like a deal?
Oh little girl, you are getting so big now! You should be about 4 3/4 pounds now, and around 18 inches long! I have a feeling you're longer though. I was a really long baby, and based on where I feel your head, and kicks, and the fact that I think you're hunched over, I think you're long too.

Your lungs and central nervous system are still developing and you're only three weeks to being term! If you were born now though you'd most likely be ok after a short stay in the NICU, but just keep cooking, we've still got lots to do before you get here!

You're developing fat layers now so you should be nice and round when you come out. That's the downside of long babies... I was so long there was nothing round about me... You daddy on the other hand, he was round for quite some time. Yes, he was very chubby. ... And had red hair, but we won't get into that. I'm hoping you have dark hair like your mommy! And lots of it!

Your daddy and I were talking about doing some practice runs to the hospital in the next couple of weeks. Just to make sure we know the routes to get where we're going, where to park and what not. We also talked more about your birth. We both have learned SO MUCH lately but we've decided not to go into it with our fists up ready to fight. We know you'll come into this world the way you're suppose to, and as long as you and I are ok, we are going to be so happy. We're not aiming for what some see as a "perfect experience" because to us, the perfect experience will be meeting you, and really, it doesn't matter the means. Besides, after comes the fun part!

We are so excited to meet you baby girl! Keep growing for us!

Love,

Mommy

****
To find out more about being 34 weeks pregnant visit Pregnancy Corner. - Words from a sponsor.

Welcome to Aloha Friday! For any of you who do not know what Aloha Friday is...In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that people take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So, we take it easy on Friday blog posts by sticking to just one quick question that surfers-by can answer with just a quick response themselves. (I'm an overachiever and do this on top of my normal post).

This week I want to know:
What nicknames do you have for your family members?

My answer: I'm still coming up with nicknanes for Spawnie (besides Spawnie) but so far I have Ladybug, Baby Girl, Little J and now June Bug (if she's actually born in June).

My husband doesn't really have nicknames. I just call him "babe" and sometimes "hubby" or "hubs" on my blog.

Your turn!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home