Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy One Month!

My Little Angel,

When I realized you were a month old I couldn't believe it. In fact, when we were at your pediatrician appointment and someone asked how old you were I said two weeks. You've grown so fast!

I've gotten to know you a lot better over this month and I'm getting used to you being on the outside. At first it was a little sad for me, I missed the "other you," the Spawnie I knew for so long, and I felt like she was gone, but I gained you in return. Now it's sinking in more that you are one in the same.
pretty princess
You are smiling already, some people call it gas smiles but I call them smiles... Whatever, you seem to be looking at me, and it makes me happy so who cares if it's a little gas causing it sometimes? Coincidence? I think not.

You started out 9 pounds 9 ounces, then went down to 8 pounds 6 ounces, back up to 9 pounds 11 ounces at two weeks, and this week you were 10 pounds 11 ounces. It's nice to know my milk is keeping you nice and chunky. People always comment on your chubby cheeks or rolls. I think it's so cute. You're about 90th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height right now.

When I first saw you, you looked so different than what I would have thought. I thought you'd look like me or your daddy but you don't really look like either. You daddy joked that it looked like we adopted you from Asia, and he called you little Buda, and our sumo wrestler. You're not as round anymore so he's usually calling you thinks like "stinker" "poopie" and stuff like that. I usually call you my pretty princess, or chunky monkey. I think you're starting to look a little more like a person but I still can't decide if you look like me or your daddy.

You're already sleeping great. You'll sleep for about 4-5 hours at night, wake up and eat for 10 minutes or so, then go back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. I'm figuring out your schedule and you're so alert when you're awake. You don't cry very often, only when you're hungry or sleepy, and if you're sleeping i just bounce you for 5-10 minutes and you're out like a light! You LOVE bouncing on my yoga ball, but that was getting inconvenient to go bounce on all the time, so bouncing on my arm has become satisfying to you.

I'm getting better at putting you down for naps alone versus holding and watching you the entire time, and I get more stuff done that way. It makes me more excited to hold you and see you again when you wake up, and I feel productive when I get a few small tasks done, or even take a nap myself.

You HATE your carseat, and it hurts me so much when you cry in it. But I have gotten to know better that if you have a full tummy before the ride you usually will do better. Sometimes you still scream your little head off, but I tell myself I know you're ok, you have a clean diaper and a full tummy, you are ok, and are safe in your seat. Sometimes you'll take a binky but it's sometimes hard for you to keep it in your mouth when you're upset.
blessing angel
We are quite the team, you and I--And your dad too. He gave you a beautiful blessing at church, I'll have to write more about that later. You have your daddy/daughter time at night now when he gives you a bath and gets you all ready for bed. It's really cute to watch. At first he didn't seem to know how to do anything with you but he's learned and gotten so much better so quickly.

You and Snoop are getting along so well. He's so calm around you, I think you'll be great friends growing up!
Snoop and Lil J
You love tummy time and I've already seen you roll from your tummy to your back twice! You kick your feet like crazy and you manage to scoot from one side of the bassinet to the other already! I think it's almost time to move you to your crib!

You and I are in for some adventures over the next month. We're traveling to New York City today, then Atlanta at the end of the month. You already visited Utah! I hope you'll love being around people like I do, and love traveling.

I'm loving getting to know you even more. I'm so glad you chose me to be your mommy. You're a wonderful gift from God.

Love,

Mommy

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home