Monday, November 1, 2010

DIY Hairbow Clips: What I'm Making Monday

Ever seen those adorable hair bow clippies? I found a cute shop on Etsy where their bows are all just $1. But before I went crazy I thought I'd try making some of my own and whatdoyaknow... It's way easy!
What you'll need:
Some ribbon that's about 3/8in wide
Metal 2 prong clips
Hot glue
Scissors
Lighter (to defray/seal the ends of the ribbon)

Step 1: Glue ribbon around and inside the prong clip

Step 2: Cut a piece of ribbon about 2in long and glue the two ends together so it makes a circle.

Step 3: Glue the middle of that circle together by placing a dab of glue on one end then squeezing it together.

Step 4: Glue the pinched circle to the metal prong covered in ribbon.
Step 5: Cut a 1 inch piece of ribbon, wrap it around the pinched part of the bow and glue it to the top inside part of the clippie.
TADA!! Her first Pony tail!
hair clip
What do you think? I went crazy and made all sorts of Halloween ones that I forgot I made until Halloween night but oh well, there's always next year.
Two people who comment on this post before next Monday (November 8th) will win a clippie of their choice. You can choose one of these, or I have lots of other colors of ribbon if you have another color in mind.

If you follow my blog or link up to What I'm Making Monday below, let me know in another comment as an extra entry!

Winner from last week's WIMM: #22 April! Email me back and I'll send you the tutu dress!

What I'm Making Monday


(highlight ctl+c)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home