Monday, January 2, 2012

Looking back at 2011 and forward to what 2012 has in store

2011 was a pretty good year for us. I can't complain. I'm optimistic about this year. Actually, I'm not alone. Most people are. I blogged about it here.

I'm trying to remember the highlights from 2011 and here's what I've got:

-Transitioned from news reporting to lifestyle reporting
-Went to EVO with Lil' J and my Piggies and Paws team.
-Celebrated my husband starting his new job.
-Lil' J started school, and is doing better than I ever dreamed.
-Debuted as a correspondent for BYU-TV's Fresh Take. I was in this episode and this one.
-Became a morning anchor (instead of evening. I thought I'd hate it but I LOVE it).
-Finished blogging for Bravado's Breastfeeding Diaries and Started Blogging for BabyCenter.
-Lil' J became an Etsy star, modeling for various boutiques.
-I started sewing clothes for Lil' J!
-Signed a new contract with my job
-Completed my 365 Love Letters project for Lil' J.
-Got infected with baby fever (currently trying to ward it off with small doses of toddler tantrums).
 Oh, and let me add something you may not know about my 365s... I literally have THOUSANDS of outtakes. There were days I wanted to use three photos that day instead of one. Sometimes I barely remembered to snap one on my iphone, and other days, like yesterday, I could hardly narrow it down.

My husband wasn't too keen about posing for our photo yesterday but I told him he had to. It was the last day and it needed to be a family shot. The photo I shared yesterday obviously won, but this one was a close second.

Anyway, 2012... There are so many things I'm looking forward to, I can't help but be excited.

My husband will graduate his police academy in March, and we're planning to move out of the hood in April. That's also when I'll be involved in the launch of a very big campaign that I would tell you about but I'm too scared to jinx myself so I'll wait. But I'll give you a hint... It has to do with my photography and a company that celebrates life! You've definitely heard of them and probably bought their product several times last year. I'll tell you more very soon.

Luckily, I don't have to wait too long to be excited for other new things to start. This week... Tuesday actually, my new parenting segment premieres on the news station I work for. I've been pushing/begging/praying/hoping to start one for about a year and it's finally coming to fruition. Lil' J may even get to do some spots with me from time to time. I feel really blessed to get paid to do a job I love.

As always, I'm setting goals for the new year. Last year I took on SO many new hobbies. Photography, sewing, freelance writing, reading fiction again... All while continuing to blog here which of course, if my favorite hobby (shhh, don't tell the others).

I compared my past and present goals but my ramblings are so long that I'm going to share them in another post tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home