Tuesday, June 28, 2011

#2 A boy or girl? Don’t matter

Party updates coming! I just got my photos from Forever Bliss Photography back today, and I'll get it all down on "paper" so to speak hopefully by this weekend. It was a blast and I can't wait to share!

But today's topic at hand... I can’t decide if I want a boy or a girl next time. Last time I wanted a girl SO bad. So did my husband, but for different reasons. I wanted someone I could doll up and train to be my mini me, and he knew I wanted to keep having kids until we got a girl. So getting that out of the way was a relief I guess.

I was convinced I was having a boy the first time. I though it would be God’s ploy to get me to have 10 kids, 9 boys and finally a girl. But he hooked me up and gave me what I wanted right off the bat.

Ok, let me stop here and just add my disclaimer--Of course I would have been happy either way, it’s a blessing to have a baby, and boy or girl, kids are awesome. I’m glad I have a child to begin with. But I’m just being honest here—I really wanted a girl.
Mommy and me hair accessories from Laura's Diaper Cakes
So now I have my daughter and I’m thinking about #2. My feelings are totally different than last time. Last time I was reading Chinese lunar calendars and ways to get X chromosomes to the egg before the Y ones. This time I could care less.

Wait, let me rephrase… This time I would be totally happy either way (and by this time I mean next time, I’m not pregnant).

If I have another girl Lil’ J would have a little sister, a playmate, and hopefully a live-in BFF. We already have girlie clothes (which of course we’ve saved), all the bows we’ll ever need, and a few too many pink things around the house. I would LOVE to have two girls. It would be a blast and absolutely perfect. But… It would be just as fun to have a boy.

Despite all of the benefits of having another girl, I still want to know what it’s like to have a son. My husband really only wants two kids and if he convinces me, I’d hate to not know what it’s like to have a little boy to dress up and raise. It seems like a totally different dynamic that I would just love to experience. My husband would get a son to play sports with—Not that Lil’ J won’t play sports, I’d bet money she’s going to be very athletic, but it’s so fun to see cute little boys all decked out in football gear.

It would be neat to see the kind of girl my son wants to bring home someday, and quite frankly, I just want to see what a little boy version of my husband and I would look and act like.

One girl one boy would be perfect right? –WRONG. One of each is great and all but it’s not as cool as having two that can share the same clothes and secrets. So if I have one of each, it would be great, but I’d love to have one more so at least two of them can have that brotherly or sisterly comradely. But if I have another girl I’d like to have one more to see if I can get a son.
Romper and bow from Oh Sweet Baby Boutique
I guess the answer is just to convince my husband two isn’t enough. In the mean time, I’m happy to say I’m where I should have been the first time—Completely unbiased and happy with whatever we get. A healthy baby, boy or girl will be awesome. In fact, I don’t even want to find out the gender next time. I already have the girl I’ve always dreamed of and I’m torn 50/50 with what I want for a second, so it doesn’t matter to me. I figure if I have another girl and we do go for a third I’ll be dying to know if we’re having a boy or not, so this is my one chance to be surprised at the birth.

I already am planning the nursery theme: Royal Blue Birds. I have a majestic-looking frilly blue and white bedding that will work for a boy or a girl; and I have plans to make a bird mobile similar to Lil’ J’s butterfly one.

So bring it on, boy or girl, I’m excited and ready!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home