Friday, June 24, 2011

Conflicted

Ever since my post on Loving Day something's been on my mind. Every single day.

It's hard to believe that not long ago I wouldn't have been able to marry my husband. Meaning, it would have been illegal. Because of the way we look (mostly me). I couldn't marry who I fell in love with, because other people thought it was wrong.

But can you help who you fall in love with?

I feel a bit conflicted because religious wise, "marriage" means between a man and a woman (Well, now... But don't get me started on this). But my heart tells me that's not fair. And my mind wonders what's next.

I wonder what the history books will say 50 years from now about today--If my daughter will grow up and gawk at our "primitive" way of thinking.

I wonder what I'll say to my grandchildren when I tell them about whose side I was on.

I don't know what else to say.

I think I just needed to get that off my chest.


I've been starting at the publish button for the last hour. Ok, here it goes...

PS: I wasn't trying to spark a debate or anything, and I'm not a spokesperson for my church (DUH) . Some commenters have suggested good ideas for "solutions," I'm just venting as I always do. Please don't get offended by my undecided opinion.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home