Thursday, March 8, 2012

Getting behind

Sorry for my radio silence. For the first time in what seems like forever I've been going to bed before midnight-- before 10 even.

I've been so emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted planning our move (finally found a place), buying a new car and getting it situated, preparing to sell our old one. My husband graduating his academy (in two weeks... hooray!) plus baby-shower planning (for Saturday), and of course the usual work and stuff.

My poor baby got an upset tummy at school yesterday and it took me forever to get to her. I felt horrible, but made up for it with lots of cuddles and snuggles. She's feeling better now.

No time for sewing, no time for lots of pretty pictures, no time for sewing. It's been sad.

But I'm hoping to feel normal again-minus all the necessary packing and cleaning- come Monday. Hopefully I'll get my energy back. This is reminded me of my first trimester exhaustion which is making me re-assess my pro/cons asap list again.

So, sorry I've been so quiet in these parts. I'm loving my new camera and the gorgeous photos it's helping me capture. Someone asked that I write up a personal comparison of my 50mm 1.8 and my new 50mm 1.4 lenses. I hope to do that in the near future.

A few other random thoughts I might as well get down:

-Lil' J is OBSESSED with buses since our ride on one to the kite festival. Every time she sees one she says "bus, BUS" and she tries to take her seat belt off... Even when she's not in the car which is sorta weird. Or maybe she knows a sign for bus I don't know.

I looked up some bus routes to nearby parks so I think we'll take one next week to the park and back home so she can get her fix.

-I watched my first cooking show (like intentionally watched) about a month ago and I'm going to try what I learned: pico de gallo and guacamole. It was the Pioneer Woman's show. She looks older than I thought she was but that lady sure does have ACTUAL easy recipes (at least the one I watched, I didn't even have to write the directions down). I'm also going to attempt a friend's easy recipe for fruit dip.

If they're successful for the shower, I'll share here.

-Also planing to sew two St. Patrick's Day dresses for Lil' J to wear next week. I have a whole 3 binders of patterns and I should branch out in the ones I try but the peasant and t-shirt style are my quick go-tos I'll use for these since I need to be quick.

That's it for now. A bit of a brain dump for ya, excuse my typos, this is a drive-by post. Hope you're having a fantastic week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home