Friday, June 3, 2011

BFP

Call it paranoia, or my hypochondriac qualities rearing their heads, but I take a pregnancy test just about every month.

The dollar store is my favorite place to go to get them. (They work as good as the expensive ones people, don't spend $10 on a fancy digital test). It's a bit awkward when I walk up to the counter with one arm full of pregnancy tests and the other holding my baby but yanno, whatever.

It doesn't matter that I'm not trying to get pregnant and there's only about a .5% chance I'll get pregnant every month, I still wonder if I'm am, and whip out a value pee test.

Well this month, my symptoms causing me to test were a little different. I had to pee like no other, all the time. More so than even when I was pregnant. I hate using public restrooms but I found myself having to take more trips to the loo than usual. The worst part was I sometimes wouldn't even go that much, so it felt like all the rushing to the bathroom was for nothing. Why couldn't I hold it? I'm normally really good at that.

The sensation reminded me of when I was very pregnant, and Lil' J was squishing my bladder. Tack that along with the fact that I still feel phantom kicks all the time and watch too much TLC and you have one pregnancy-paranoid mama.

Of course, like always except for one time about 11 months ago, it was negative. But Dr. Google and some Twitter friends helped me diagnose another possible problem--A UTI.

I've never had one and the number one quality I hear with them is that it burns when you go and I wasn't feeling that. But I did have many of the other symptoms. I read something about possibly loosing a kidney if it gets real bad and it scared me enough to figure out if this was the problem.

I went to the store and bought an over the counter test, cranberry juice and some AZO stuff that came highly recommended.

Why I was excited when the results showed up positive I have no idea. Maybe it's because it was cool seeing a positive result on a pee test, maybe it's because my quest for answers was solved. It was positive-negative though, which means my white blood count is up but I don't have a trace of the bacteria linked with UTI so I'm still a little confused and paranoid that perhaps my white blood count is up because I have some other deadly cancerous disease that may kill me (hypochondriac remember?).

I don't know how often people experience UTIs but let me tell you they SUCK! You know when you have a dream about having to go to the bathroom and you go, but then you still have to go and you're like 'WTH, I just went?' But really you didn't cause you're sleeping?--Or maybe you did and you wet the bed, but at least you feel better? Well, that's how it feels... Like you're dreaming you peed but you still feel like you've gotta pee. (My husband didn't get this dream analogy but if you know what I'm talking about just nod your head).

The cranberry juice, lots of water, and AZO pills seem to be helping. Hopefully this will all go away. And hopefully the next time I get a BFP on a pee test it will be cause Lil' J is getting a little sibling and not because my pee hose is jacked up.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home