Sunday, January 29, 2012

Easy Pigs in a Blanket Recipe: What I'm Makin' Monday

Don't laugh. I know this is like, prior to cooking 101 but this was still exciting to me, ok?

I had never made pigs in a blanket before until this last week. I have eaten them before and figured they couldn't be that hard. Possibly something even I couldn't mess up.

I found a little package of mini sausages and decided to give it a whirl.

Look, I'm not one of those people that can just pick up random seasonings and make things taste remarkably fabulous. Heck, I just recently learned what paprika and bay leaves were.

Don't worry, neither of those were used in this masterpiece.

All I used:
One pack of mini sausages (I didn't use them all)
A can of crescent rolls
American cheese

Then I took one photo of  three steps I took. 

1. Cut the crescent rolls from their pre-sliced size down in half/ thirds so they're smaller.
2. Place the cheese and sausage on the dough.
3. Roll.

4. Bake according to crescent roll directions.

Easy as pie! No... Easier!

Lil' J loved eating them while I was making them, so much so she was full of sausage and cheese before these were even out of the oven.

I packed some in her lunch the next day and she kept snatching on those things. As did my husband and I.

This may or may not have been the only thing I cooked myself all week. *sigh* I'll do better.

Hopefully this so-easy-a-dummy-could-do-it recipe can help another non-foodie like myself try something new.

Link to your creations!

My domestic diva button.
What I'm Making Monday

(highlight ctl+c)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home