Thursday, April 5, 2012

Need home decorating advice

In all of the places we've lived and move over 7 years together, I've never been very good at decorating. Go figure.

Currently, I have a total of four deorations hanging in my living room, making it look bare. I really want to start fresh at the new place and maybe do a photo-wall or something. I have tens of thousands of photos of Lil, J but no recent ones printed and none hanging at all.

I know, it's a disgrace.
This is one I'm thinking of blowing up and making a sequence of three similar black/white photos of her.

I need to get family photos done so I have some of those to choose from, but I'm waiting for my photographer to stop being pregnant.

Then, I need to go through my photos, and print my favorites to hang.

I was thinking of getting a bunch of thrifted frames and spray painting them all a similar color scheme. I don't have a livingroom color scheme now ap I'm planning to start fresh.

In fact, is it a good idea to donate the few random decorations I have so I 1. Don't have to move them and 2. Don't feel obligated to use them in my new place?

I'm not exactly a hoarder but I do get a slight anxiety about getting rid of something. I worry I'll end up needing it tomorrow. The thing that helps is knowing its going to someone who needs it.

Pinterest is a good resource but I don't really know where to start.

We are going to get new (to us) couches and I'll make curtains. Other than that I haven't a clue how to get the home decorating bug and how to do it right.

Start fresh, or bring what I have to start (which isn't much).

I'd love to hear your ideas!

Also, I have a cool nook area in the livingroom that I'd love to make pretty. What would you put there?
I hope to document my progress and with your help, pull something off that looks somewhat cute.

**Added** We are renting, so I'd prefer not to paint and have to re-paint back to white.**

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home