Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Year, 10 Months and 2 Weeks Ago...

I wrote this:
'My brothers and sisters, there is no tomorrow to remember if we don’t do something today.' That's what President Monson (Leader of the LDS church) said during General Conference in October.

There are lots of things I've told myself I'll do later... Study, clean the house, do the laundry for once. More specifically, there are things I've said I'll do once we have kids or before I get pregnant...Learn how to cook, exercise, eat better.

A blog may have not been what he had in mind, but an idea for a blog came to my mind after hearing that talk. I'm going to use that statement as a guide, and I'm going to document a specific journey here.

If you couldn't tell, this blog is about baby making... Sort of. Ok, not really. I'm not sure when I'm going to start having children (spawn, I like to call them sometimes). The date I have in mind fluctuates.

If you know me, you know I'm a planner. I like to plan trips, special occasions, career moves, everything. I like to set goals and deadlines. I wouldn't call myself a control freak, especially not when it comes to little day to day things. But when it comes to planning my life, I can be (but hey, is it really a bad thing?).

In the talk I quoted earlier President Monson quotes a line from The Music Man saying “You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays.”

Well folks, I don't want empty yesterdays. I dedicate this blog to my questions, my explorations, my journey through pregnancy preparations. I'm deeply intrigued by pregnancy, labor, infants, and children. When I have a close friend experiencing these things I'll often ask them a million questions about their experiences. It may be a while before I document any of my personal pregnancy experiences so for now I'll write about my planning, my practicing, my thoughts, and ask you for tips along the way.

So join in, please, feel free to add your own opinions or advice. I'm open to discussions, or any other idea you may have. Most of all, I hope you enjoy reading about my journey!
And now, I have this:
princess
Oh how so much has changed!

I re-posted this as a part of The Sits Girls "Back to Blogging" event.

That was fun!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home