Monday, April 25, 2011

DIY Hair Bow Holder: What I'm Makin' Monday

This one is going to be easy. I've been wanting to make an organizer for Lil' J's hair bows for a while. Last week I made a headband organizer and this week I made something for her clippes. She has tons and tons of clippies and before today, I had them all in a bucket I had to dump out all to find the color I want and matching sets. I posted on my facebook page a few weeks ago that I needed a clippie organizer and someone told me to use a picture frame and ribbon. So I googled the idea and found this.

But in true thrifty style, instead of buying one I decided to make my own.
I hadn't made anything else this week and I needed a "Makin' Monday" for the week, so I literally made this during my dinner break last night in less than 15 minutes. I'll probably go back and make it more sturdy but for now this is how I did it (and by the way obviously, I didn't invent this, I just hadn't seen it until someone else pointed it out to me, so maybe this will be helpful to someone else!)

What you'll need:
She was across the room and came running crawling when I started snapping pictures of the materials. I had to choose this one.
A picture frame
Decorative fabric
Ribbon
Scissors
Tape or glue

Step 1. Cut several strips of ribbon the length or of the picture frame.

Step 2. Cut the fabric to the size of the picture frame opening.

Step 3. Place the ribbon inside the back of the picture frame and tape the ends.

Step 4. Place the fabric over top and the picture frame backing over that and tape the back down.

TADA!! 

What do you think? The only bad thing is after putting about 2/3rds of Li' J's hair bows on this thing I realized we're not going to have enough room. I'll have to make another one soon, but I'll probably get the next frame from Goodwill or something because you don't need anything super nice.

Did you make anything this week, food craft or anything? I'd love to see! Link up! And let others know about the party!
Linking up here:
What I'm Making Monday


(highlight ctl+c)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home