Sunday, September 11, 2011

I normally don't do this. But since it's the 10th Anniversary of the September 11th Attacks

I thought I'd share something with you.
Patriotic Dress: Jean to Fashion
It's often I write about my life as a mom and a wannabe domestic diva, but I don't go into the other important part of my life. My life as a news reporter and anchor.

I wanted to share a 9/11 story I produced myself. From finding the story interviews, to the filming and lighting down to the writing, voicing, and editing. It's quite possibly one of my favorite stories of my career thus far.

10 years ago today I was in high school, in my broadcasting class, watching the reports of the terrorist attacks live on the news. Today, I'm on the other side of the television, living my dream and reporting and anchoring about that very event.

This story I did touches my heart because as an American, I remember how it felt that day, learning the news of the attacks, feeling vulnerable, and violated. But as a mother, I know how special this day is to Shelley and her son, who was born that very day.

Happy Birthday Christopher.

And God bless America, and the world on this day. Let's remember how we pulled together as a country and do it again.


Born on 9/11 on Vimeo.

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Where were you on September 11th 2001?
If you want to see the story with my intro, click the photo below. Or you can also click here.
My Story


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home