Sunday, July 31, 2011

I smell...

Like a sexy mama.
I'm not really into fragrances. I hadn't bought a perfume in ages. Partly because I was afraid it would hurt Lil' J's nose or something and partly because I just couldn't find one I like.

In college I loved Abercrombie NOW. I never shopped at the store but I was turned on to that fragrance by a roommate. Then it got discontinued.

I tried different scents from the typical Clinque Happy, Lucky, and even tried some celebrity perfumes like JLo Glow. Yuck, yuck yuck! I don't like powdery, or too-sweet scents.

Take me to a cologne counter and I'll fall in love with most of the scents. I love Ralph Lauren Polo, and Black. One sniff of Aqua DiGio and I'm off in la la land. Probably because it's my husband's favorite.

But meet me at the perfume counter and I can't find a single scent I like.

I did like a Mary Kay Bella Belara perfume for a hot second. But not enough to keep buying it. It's was pretty and classy but not quite what I was looking for. I settled for mists and inexpensive stuff from Bath and Body Works. You know right out the gate what Japanese Cherry Blossom is gonna smell like if you've been using the shower gel.

In comes Express. I was at the store grabbing some new editor pants since Snoop decided to chew up my long-lasting pair. I grabbed my size as quickly as possible, and while I waited for the cashier to ring me up, I sprayed some of the perfume that was sitting there. A feeling of sexiness washed over me.

MINE! I thought. But it was like 50 bucks! (I don't spend that kind of money on myself these days... Well, besides the $70 pants I was buying).

I had some questions about my Express credit card that was stolen and waited while the cashier called to get some stuff figured out. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this but also kinda not--When he turned around I grabbed the bottle of perfume again and sprayed it like 3 more times. I know it was totally overboard but I wanted to make sure I could have my husband smell it when I got home and I wanted some of the scent to still be there.

The cashier looked over his shoulder at me, probably thinking I was trying to pack something in my bag real fast because I was moving pretty fast and looking awful suspicious. Really, I was spraying free samples all over myself.

I noted the name "Love EXPRESS."

Got home, husband approved. And I ordered the 1.7oz bottle online via eBay for a discount. It came it today and smells just as I remembered. I'm not sure if it makes sense but to me it's a perfume with a cologne class. It's not a pretty little girl scent, but a sophisticated smell of flowers. I just looked it up so I know what I'm talking about now and here's what it has in it: Blackberry and Lily of the Valley, Notes of Tiare Blossoms and Sheer Vanilla Musk. I normally don't like the real musky scent in colognes but I don't notice it in this. Or maybe subconsciously I do and that's why it reminds me of a pretty cologne. Anyway, I love it. So much so I took a picture of it, and I decided to share it with you.

Every day I'm doing a little better at feeling better about being me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home