Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bracing myself for her first day

I took Lil' J to her school today and stayed and played with her for an hour. I have Mondays and Tuesdays off so this was a nice way to warm her up to the place. I watched as she explored the blocks, a floor piano, and a plethora of her favorite toy--books. She's gonna be like her mama.

Her two other classmates scooted and toddled around. I grinned as I watched her share a toy ball she found with one of them.


Her teachers were as nice as can be. And didn't seem to mind me hanging out in the slightest bit.

Tuesday I'm going to take her again for a few hours so she's ready for her first full day Wednesday. I'm not sure I could drop her off and just go home, so I made plans to go see The Help at a matinee showing with a friend. It's water day at lil' J's school and she loves water, so I think it'll really help sell her on the place. I, however, am already sold.

As far as the hubs goes... Hearing his account of his first day made me realize how exhausting the next eight months will be for him. I will need to pick up the slack at home. I wanted to ask him if it was harder than being a stay at home dad, but I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that question.

In other news my reading escape arrived. I'm not sure when I'll have time to read this but I hear it's good.


If I disappear for some time it's because I got sucked in. It's been a while since I've dived into a fun book. Have ya read it?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home