Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blog funk

I think the title says it all.

I'm in a weird blog funk. I'm still here, blogging, adding my thoughts and photos. Getting better at the photos. But I can't help but feel like there's something missing.

I'm not sure what that something is but I'm thinking it could be my spunk. Has blogging about my daughter made me boring? Ordinary? I would say I have other better things to blog about but I kind of don't.

I'm not in the mess of birth and baby drama and controversy like I felt like I was stuck in for a while. My baby is sleeping just fine in her own room, I'm not organic obsessed and we're still breastfeeding, but no one elses' opinions on those things are going to change what I'm doing. And I don't really feel like arguing to get people to believe what I believe about those things because really?--There are more important things in life.

It used to be that I'd blog about random things. Wanting a kid, not wanting a kid. Humorous things involving my decision whether or not to have a kid. And now I've got one. And some things are funny, but most things are "you had to have been there" kind of things. And, you know how when you don't have kids, when moms stat talking about their kids and what they're doing you kinda nod and go "aaah" but really you're thinking "so what?" well, I'm beginning to wonder if that's what's happening here.

If I blog and say "OMG!! I told her to kiss her teddy bear and guess what? SHE DID IT!!" Are yall gonna be like "so? .... Tell me the story about how you flooded the bathroom again."

But then part of me is like "who cares... It's MY BLOG!" but when several hundred of you get this blog delivered to your email every morning, and even more than that subscribe, I don't want to let you down! Is that lame?

Truth is, I'm not SUPER good at any one thing. I'm ok at a lot of things. I'm ok at writing, I'm ok at taking pictures, I'm a sucky cook (but I'm learning), so I can't really post cute recipes because I can hardly follow them, much less make them up myself.

I'm not very stylish and I don't feel like posting pictures of myself or my un-stylish home every day. I think I'm a good mom, but bad at knowing all the rules about being healthy and what not. I'm a good lover. NOT in a "I shouldn't be blogging about this" kind of way, I mean I shower my family and friends with lots of love. I love loving!! I'm a loving person. Got it?

Anyway, I hope I'm not boring anyone to death blogging about Lil' J all the time. I figure it'll be hers to read some day. I would blog about my journey to #2 but I'm trying not to think about that right now (but things like this video makes that hard). This could change soon, but I'm just enjoying my #1 right now. And my cute hubby who starts his new job MONDAY!

And chilaxing.

And laughing at Toddlers and Tiaras.

And Teen Mom.

And attempting to get Lil' J to be the next Baby GAP model.

And devising a plan to rule the world.

I'm a busy woman.

Anyway (again) forgive my slight funkiness (I'm not talking about my smell). I'm feeling a little lost (blog wise... and sorta life wise, but not as much) but hopefully I'll find my way soon. Don't leave me k? I need company out here in Crazyland. I'll be back.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home