Friday, May 28, 2010

You've DROPPED! (I think)

Dear Lil Miss J,

Like how I have a new nickname for you every week? I like Lil J right now. Spawnie is beginning ot wear off... You seem less and less spawn-like the closer we get to D-day, which believe it or not is in FOUR WEEKS!! At the end of the week we'll be full term and you will be ready to come out at any time! I'd really prefer if you waited a little while longer though. I have some cleaners coming on the 14th and I'm thinking I'll get my hair and nails done on the 15th. Speaking of my nails, they are SO LONG! I need to get them cut so I don't scratch your pretty face. That gives you 10 days... I don't mind if you come after the 15th, you'll be good and big, and I'll be done with important work stuff by then too. Actually, I sort of like the 20s best, so sometime between the 20th and 29th would ROCK! Got that? Jot that on your Wombberry.

I had a dream you were born on the 19th, but it was the 19th today and I was worried about missing work that day... Crazy dream, I can tell you that won't happen in real life, don't you worry!
I know it's a little inconsiderate of me to try to tell you when to come out, I mean, you are in charge, don't you worry, but I just want you to know my preference. I like June better than July so you've gotta come before July! I know statistics show a lot of first-time moms go past their due dates but I don't think that'll be the case with you. I can feel it.. You'll be right around your due date, if not... I think early!

Lil J, this week I've been SO TIRED. I haven't had the energy I use to have! I come home and just want to plop down on the couch, take a nap, and when I finally get the strength I try to work on things for your room, or pack some more in the hospital bag, or work on our labor and just meeting playlists.

I haven't wanted to touch my computer or anything! I've just been to exhausted! I have SO MUCH on my mind that I'd love to write about but I am too tired to put it all down. What have I been thinking about? Well, here's a few topics on my mind lately:

My new quick thoughts on labor
My cure for cankles
Books I've picked out for you
My thoughts on breastfeeding you

One of these days, hopefully soon I'll get them all down while they're fresh in my mind to remember. I hear there's another burst of energy right at the end of my pregnancy and I can't wait for that! I've got some stuff I want to get done! Until then though I'll enjoy my rest, because I'm sure I'll be missing it once you're born.Another sign that means you're getting closer to coming is that I think you've dropped! I woke up this morning and your butt wasn't in my ribs as normal. In fact, all day you've felt lower, and I can tell with the way my belly now rests on my legs that you're lower! So exciting! To make sure I compared this weeks photo to last week's photo and sure enough, you're looking lower! ... And more pointy. A woman at work today guessed you'd be coming next week! ...But you can't come that soon ok?

Some women I know who had due dates close to mine have recently delivered their babies, so it's weird thinking how close we are!
You're still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. You now weigh almost 6 pounds and are probably more than 18 1/2 inches long. You're shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered your body as well as the stuff that covered and protected your skin during your nine-month amniotic bath. You're swallowing that stuff, and other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, that'll form the contents of your first bowel movement. Hopefully you won't have that until you get out!

Keep growing little girl, we are ALMOST there and our lives are about to change FOREVER. I can't wait!

Love,

Mommy

***
Time to take bets (not really) when do you think she'll show up? Early, late? On time? Vote in my poll (top left) and let me know what you chose!

Are you 36 weeks pregnant? Check out Pregnancy Corner for more on how your body and baby are developing- Sponsored.

Winner of the Modern Bird Studio's Giveaway: Random.org says #222, Tanya! Congrats! Email me your address and I'll get you in touch with Modern Bird Studios!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home